The best granola bar ever | Recipe
Scrambling as the kids come home from school and are shouting for a snack, stat? We've got the recipe details for the mouthwatering granola bars from Kim Schwenke, pastry chef at 312 Chicago and mom to Claire, age 6.
2 c old-fashioned oatmeal
1 c shredded unsweetened coconut
1 c wheat germ
1 c dried unsweetened banana chips
1 c raisins
1 c chocolate chips
1 c agave syrup
1 c peanut butter
2 t vanilla extract
2 bananas-puree in blender
1 tsp salt
- Toast the coconut and wheat germ.
- Melt the agave, peanut butter, vanilla, banana puree and mix together with all dry ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Cool slightly and add chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Line a 8x12 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Press granola bar mix in and press down.
- Bake in 300-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool for two hours and then cut into bars.
Oh, and one last thing...enjoy!